Here are the top 5 most expensive street legal cars available in the market (production models, as opposed to concept or modified cars) with measured and verified top speeds:
Top 5 Most Expensive Cars in the world:
1. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport: base price is $2,400,000 for 267 mph (429 km/h) 1200hp model, 0-60 in 2.4 secs. Aluminum, Narrow Angle 8 Liter W16 Engine. The original Bugatti Veyron had a top speed of 253 mph, priced at $1,700,000 with 1001 hp. Although the Bugatti Veyron lost the title to SSC Ultimate Aero on March 2007, Bugatti challenged the record in Germany on July 10, 2010 with the new Super Sport and the Bugatti Veyron reclaimed the title of the fastest car in the world at 267 mph.
2. Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster: Base price is $1,850,000. Twin turbocharged AMG V12 engine that produces 678 hp 217 mph (349 km/h), 0-60 in 3.4 secs. The Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster is a limited-edition supercar with five ever produced.
3. Aston Martin One-77: Base price: $1,850,000 comes with a 750 hp 7.3 litre V12 Engine with top speed of 220 mph (354 km/h), 0-60 in 3.4 secs. The production of this is limited to 77, hence the name One-77.
4. Koenigsegg Agera R: Base price is $1,600,000 comes with a 5.0-liter V8 Engine with twin turbo’s, housing 1099 hp with top speed of 260 mph (418 km/h), 0-60 mph in 2.9 secs. If you’re into snow sports, the Agera R can be fitted with a Ski Box as well as winter tires. Expect this snow car to be the Bugatti’s arch enemy for the next 5 years.
5. Zenvo ST1: Base price: $1,225,000 comes with a Twin-Charged 7.0 liter V8 Engine forging 1,104 hp with top speed of 233 mph (374 km/h), 0-60 in 2.9 secs. The first Supercar from Zenvo Automotive, a Danish sports car company, is limited to 15 units and is Danish version of pursuit of speed and perfection.